Monday, September 15, 2008

I Leave the Room for a Moment

And come back to this. "You thought you'd sit here and READ this paper? Think again, bitch!" [Newspaper scattered all across floor moments later]

In other news, we had a second cocktails and cupcakes party on Friday. I have to work on my hostessing skills for large parties. I don't think I mingled enough. I somehow ended up in the kitchen, where a small number of people were, and most people were out in the living room/dining room area. There were several guests who came and left without our even exchanging a word. Then again, there have been parties I've gone to where I never talked to the host and it had no real effect on my enjoyment of the party.

Unrelated news: the eggplants in the garden now look like long purple bananas.

No comments: