Sunday, January 3, 2010

Recent Co-op Finds

I get in a rut sometimes and pick up the same ten things at our local co-op grocery. Recently Stud M. improved my life by recommending these Food Should Taste Good chips.
And meanwhile I had helped myself to one of these cucumber waters from the fridge while on a mini–writing retreat/catsitting day at Veg's house. Soooo good.And finally, I picked up an intriguing tip from a box of steel-cut oats. I love steel-cut oats—they have so much more going on than regular, gluey oatmeal. But they take too long to cook in the morning before work...or so I thought until I tried this: The night before, boil two cups of water in a saucepan. Turn off heat, stir in a half-cup of steel-cut oats, cover, and remove from heat to soak overnight. The next morning, heat up or microwave as much of the oats as you want, and save the rest for the following morning. Or be like me and have it all. Mmm, steel-cut oats with brown sugar, soy milk, banana slices, and walnuts!

No comments: