Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Junk Mail War

I am the designated bill-payer in the household, hence I am the person who opens the mail, hence I am the person who gets annoyed at all the junk mail that clutters up our entryway and our recycling bin. There was a certain credit card company (cough*Bank of America*cough) that saw no problem with mailing us "convenience checks" every freakin' week. Oh, thank you for the convenience of checks that would cost a hefty fee to use and that any identity thief could steal out of my recycling bin and why would I need checks that draw on my credit card if I already have the credit card itself? I finally called them and canceled the card.

In the realm of unwanted catalogs, I have been really happy with Catalog Choice, a free service that allows you to get off of catalog mailing lists. I've been using it for about a year. A catalog arrives, I enter it into Catalog Choice, and so far the companies have been responsive and taken me off their lists.

No comments: