Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Raising the Bar

Now that Domestic Goddess M. is my co-worker, lunch has been taken to the next level. I can't exactly eat out of the vending machine when she brings delicious homemade lunches every day. Not only that, but M. upped the ante when, after I coveted her glass jars and bowls, she bought me some for my very own for my birthday.

Hence tomorrow's lunch: white bean and roasted garlic soup (from Vegan with a Vengeance) and green salad. I'm also smuggling in a toaster to make some toast.* Yum.

*We don't have a kitchen at work, just a fridge in a locked room for which you have to get the key (and which is sometimes inaccessible during lunch), and a microwave that's in very high demand during certain hours. Toasters are verboten. I feel so transgressive!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous. Maybe we can skype over lunch and you can watch me (and Nico) drool in real time.